Participating in baptisms...via skype

One hard thing about a mission (at least here) is not always having people to teach, or not feeling like you can / know how to help them progress despite your efforts. But just yesterday 2 of my adorable friends that I started teaching in my last area, got baptized on the same day. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’– Mercy and Niijima. And because I'm blessed to live in a mission where I have a tablet I was able to Skype in and watch and it was just such a miracle. Niijima San has seen some amazing miracles in the last 6 months, and a year ago she probably hardly would've recognized Christ's name. Mercy has become such a dear friend and she's made me promise her that I will send her baby photos of my children one day and family photos and things w my husband and stuff hahah so cute. Niijima San is 86 and Mercy is 70. ❤ They are both my sisters and I'm so happy I got to see that miracle and play a part in it.

And now on this coming Sunday the beautiful and full of love Cherish will be getting baptized and I am so blessed to know her! She is so full of love and is such a blessing to the Lord and I'm so excited for her to continue to know and understand who she is as she continues to grow in the gospel even after her baptism this week. (Cause let's get real most of our growth happens after baptism anyway.) Cherish is 13 and most of her family got baptized earlier this year. Such a miracle to be seeing all these miracles!!

I'm seeing so many blessings even if some of them took a little longer to harvest than I thought they would as a missionary. 
I've really been learning a lot about the Lord's timing and am feeling so blessed! Seeing these miracles is helping me have the desire to strengthen my faith and my love and expectations for those that I love.
I'm so grateful I came.

I can't believe I only have like 7 months left, hahah I can't believe you reminded me of that. Time on the mission really is weird. That sounds like nothing but also feels like it will never come or should never come because this is just my life now. It's just who I am! Hahah

Thanks for letting me share my testimony with you!

Love forever
Sister Amy KearlπŸ’• 


1. Mercy all ready for her baptism and me and my previous 2 comps who I started teaching her with. (I was in a trio when we started teaching her) also these are our faces haha like our literal first reactions to seeing her for The first time on her baptism day hahah. So precious.
 


2. Mercy just after the baptismal program ended. We didn't really have time to talk so all she said was "I'm so happy" and "I love you!" ❤❤




3. Niijima, probably her first time ever using video call. She is the most humble and faithful person I know and has been prepared for this her whole life. She is so special.




And now pictures of beautiful Japan.




And last but not least, teaching a lesson in the back of this bus that the bishop bought and renovated so he could drive and pick people up to go to church that would have no other way to get there, and to be a place where people could have lessons. Haha that is cherish with the mask!




Actual last photo, chilling in the back of the bus. (Not really chilling though don't worry I NEVER CHILL hahah)




Comments