New area and new companion

Alright so here is the update! Today we had transfer calls! And guess what! It was extremely unexpected. I lost my mind a little and still am not sure where it is but I'm ready to jump right in I guess cause why not?!

So here's how things go in my mission. On transfer day you will get a call from one of 3 people depending on what is going to happen to you.
Option 1. President Esplin: you or your companion will be put in a leadership position. (Training, assistant, zone leader, or sister training leader.)
Option 2. Assistants: you or your companion are transfering.
Option 3. Zone Leaders: you and your companion are staying.

So you can imagine my surprise when we get a call from PRESIDENT ESPLIN! But as it turns out, neither me or my companion are becoming any of the leadership things but instead he is TRANSFERING US BOTH OUT! He said he wanted to keep us both here because we have so much happening but he couldn't deny the revelation he received... so out we go! He said we just wouldn't fit anywhere but the places we will be going.

So my current area is being whitewashed with a brand new sister and her trainer. Mind blowing. So we will be busy writing notes and tips and things for the new sisters. ❤

And then it gets crazier! The other reason he wanted to call is because I will be opening a NEW AREA for the Sisters! They just finished buying the appartment and we will be moving in on wednesday!! My new companion will be Sister Cielo from the Philippines!!! (So excited, apparently there are a lot of Filipinos in that area.) This week I started trying to learn how to pray in Tagalog because we have a Filipina investigator (Mercy) who I love so dearly and am going to miss so much. (We'll be going to say goodbye to her in a minute here.) So hopefully by the end of next transfer I'll at least be able to pray in Tagalog. Apparently my new ward has seen lots of miracles! There have been 10 baptism in 2018 there and apparently they are really excited to be getting sisters. But we have no clue how we'll be getting food, where our appartment is, or where the church is or who any of the ward members are or where is good to find etc etc. Should be good.

This area will be the most country side-ish area I've had yet I'm pretty sure. It's about five times bigger than my current area I think. Should be an insane adventure. There is a picture attached.

I'll also be in the same zone as my beloved MTC companion Sister Evans now, who will be training! So excited! And in the same ward as an elder from my mtc district. Good times. He will be training aswell! Woohoo! 

That is a lot of missionary talk that is way more excited and interesting and thrilling for me than it is for you... sorry! But there you have it! Basically I'm whitewashing / opening and will have no idea what's happening but will talk to everyone I see! And I will probably be biking a lot more!

But I will also include an amazing miracle that will probably be more exciting to read than all of my other stuff that I have written so far!

So on Thursday we had our lesson w Mercy fall through and we were so excited for and other things fell through too so we were just like well shoot well now what? When Elder Stevenson had came to talk to us last month he reminded us to use our area books as a tool for finding people who are prepared. So we decided to look in our area book and see who we might be able to visit. We found this lady who had been to the Hawaii visitors centre about a year ago but they had trouble keeping in touch. We didn't really have an exact address but we figured we'd give the area a shot. It was somewhere that we had never really been out to. Super beautiful place in our area. And guess what! We housed into the lady and their family! They are such a sweet family! It's a mom, an 11-year-old daughter and a 6-year-old son! Last year in Hawaii they had been given a children's Book of Mormon reader, and a Book of Mormon. The mom is 50/50 on whether or not she believes in God, but the kids believe He is there 100 %. Not only does the 11-year-old believe in Him but she has been reading that kids reader and prays almost every night. This is such an extraordinary miracle to me. A child's faith is amazing! I love kids! 

Initially we started by sharing The Family a Proclamation to the World with them, and then we talked more and more about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We asked the daughter to read the part in her reader where Christ comes and she said she will! We have an appointment with them tomorrow evening so well get to see them one more time before they leave! So prepared!

Here is a scripture I like from this week:
Alma 26
5 Behold, the field was ripe, and blessed are ye, for ye did thrust in the sickle, and did reap with your might, yea, all the day long did ye labor; and behold the number of your sheaves! And they shall be gathered into the garners, that they are not wasted.
6 Yea, they shall not be beaten down by the storm at the last day; yea, neither shall they be harrowed up by the whirlwinds; but when the storm cometh they shall be gathered together in their place, that the storm cannot penetrate to them; yea, neither shall they be driven with fierce winds whithersoever the enemy listeth to carry them.
7 But behold, they are in the hands of the Lord of the harvest, and they are his; and he will raise them up at the last day.
8 Blessed be the name of our God; let us sing to his praise, yea, let us give thanks to his holy name, for he doth work righteousness forever.

I especially love verses (6 &) 7. We do this so that people can stand stronger as they stand next to Christ and root themselves in Him. I know Christ will hold them strong and as they try it they feel it too.

So glad I'm out here.

Pray for me and my new comp in our new area Kiryu! Also pray for all the people that I'm leaving behind here in Koshigaya!
Love 
Sister Amy Kearl


Comments